Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can your bamboo products be used in the dishwasher or microwave?
We do not recommend using our products in the microwave or the dishwasher as the extreme heat can reduce the lifetime of your natural bamboo.
The removable silicone on our products is safe for the top drawer of a dishwasher.
2. How do I prolong the life of my bamboo hearts product?
To prolong the life of your bamboo hearts product, keep these simple tips in mind:
• Do not put it in the dishwasher. Use a tiny amount of washing up liquid, warm water, and a cloth or sponge to clean. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
• Do not place in the microwave.
• Dry your bamboo product whenever you wash it by allowing it to air dry for a few hours. This will ensure it is completely dry before you store away, preventing it from building bacteria or mold.
• Do not leave your kitchenware or tableware to soak in water for a prolonged period of time. After an extended period of time bamboo can become very absorbent and will draw in liquids and odors very quickly.
• Every few months, oil your bigger bamboo products to keep them from splitting. Apply beeswax or a food-safe oil like walnut oil, coconut oil or almond oil to a rag or paper towel. Do not use olive oil as it goes rancid too quickly. Rub a liberal amount into the wood. Wipe off excess and allow it to sit overnight before using it.
3. Will the bamboo kitchenware and tableware withstand hot food?
Yes, bamboo is a natural heat deterrent. Our COOL-TOUCH bamboo products deter burns on your fingers if you touch them even at their hottest.
4. Where can I find your products in store?
Currently, we are currently not available in store in place. You see, we love personally interacting with all of our customers and this relationship is essential to the development of new and better products, as well as to building the bamboo movement in general.
5. What if I have two discount codes?
That’s great! You are more than welcome to use both offers, but please note that you can only apply one discount/promotion per order. If you enter multiple discount codes the last one entered will be applied and any prior codes entered will be disregarded.
Please double check your order confirmation to make sure that that offer you wish to receive has been applied next to “discounts” in your order summary.
6. How do I apply my discount code?
We regularly offer promotional discounts which can include anything from monetary discounts to free gifts with purchase. Please be aware you can only apply one discount/promotion per order.
To use a discount on your order first add the product(s) you would like to purchase to your cart and in the checkout view please enter your discount code in the “Discounts” text field provided and then click “apply”.
To confirm your discount was applied please double check your order confirmation and make sure that your offer is displayed next to “discounts”. If you apply a monetary discount the amount will automatically be deducted from your order total.
If paying with a 3rd party (e.g. Paypal) please make sure you offer is applied before continuing to the 3rd party platform to complete payment.
7. How do I contact customer service?
Our customer service team is happy to answer any question you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact us by [email protected], our office is open Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm (GMT).
8. What if my items are damaged or incorrect?
If you have received a damaged or incorrect item, contact our customer support team at [email protected] with a photo of the damage, or the incorrectly shipped product, as well as your order number and we will get back to you.
9. The item I would like to buy is out of stock. How long will it take to come back in stock?
There will be times that our products will be out of stock, on most occasions pre-orders will be delivered within 30 days of your order. If you would like an idea of how long the wait will be, please email us at [email protected]. We offer out of stock items for pre-sale. We advise purchasing pre-sale products as they are the first ones out of the door when we are re-stocked!
10. How do I remove any stains?
Act as soon as possible ¬– just like with blood or ink stains, the quicker you treat the stain: the easier it will be to remove. A biological laundry detergent, like Persil Small & Mighty Bio, that contains enzymes to help break down stains is ideal for pre-treating wooden surfaces that are stained with foods like curry or turmeric.
Remember to test any stain removal method on a small, inconspicuous area of the stained item first to check there is no adverse reaction.
- Mix water and bicarbonate of soda together to form a paste.
Apply it to the stain, and rub gently with a soft cloth.
Rinse and repeat as necessary.
11. How do I remove Mildew?
Vinegar is a mild acid which can kill mildew
Use white distilled vinegar and pour it into a spray bottle without watering it down. Spray the vinegar onto any mouldy surface and leave it to sit for an hour. Finally, wipe the area clean with water and allow the surface to dry. Any smell from the vinegar should clear within a few hours.
Baking Soda Method
Baking soda is a mild, white mineral powder, that can be used to kill mould in your home, plus it is safe for your family and pets. Besides killing mould, it will absorb moisture to help keep mould away.
To kill mould: Add one-quarter of a tablespoon of baking soda to a spray bottle of water and shake until it has dissolved. Spray the mouldy area with the baking soda and water solution, then use a scrub brush to remove all the mould from the surface. Next, rinse the surface with water to remove any residual mould on the surface.
Finally, spray the area again and let the surface dry. (This will kill any left-over mould and prevent the mould from returning).
All of these solutions are great non-toxic alternatives to chemical-based cleaners. Not only because they are safe to use and safe for the environment, but all of these products inexpensive and easy to find in your local store.